The Hispanic Alliance is a 501c3 nonprofit based in Greenville, SC, advancing economic opportunity for the growing Hispanic population. We envision a vibrant and inclusive community where everyone has access to opportunities for success and prosperity, and our mission is to foster collaboration and connectivity among people, resources, and cultures to build a thriving community. We convene the largest collaborative network of individuals and agencies working together to increase access to resources and eliminate systemic barriers in four priority areas: Education, Health, Legal Services and Financial Stability. Our work developing the next generation of leaders has been recognized nationally and globally.
We are a growing team of talented individuals who are passionate about our work and love people and collaboration. We are well known for our positive and entrepreneurial organizational culture, and our staff and volunteer network create the best work environment.
Hispanic Alliance (HA) seeks candidates for the position of Programs and Operations Coordinator to support internal administrative functions of the organization as well as programmatic tasks needed to ensure quality and consistency of operations across the organization and its activities. This position will provide back-office support for the Executive Director, the Leadership Team and support the Director of Programs and Network Engagement in coordination of particular community team and project logistics.
This position is based in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Works closely with community volunteers, partner organizations, and key providers who provide operational support such as insurance, HR, accounting, and contract services.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to support executive administration tasks.
- Reports to the Director of Programs and Network Engagement in supporting community team and program logistics, administrations tasks, and other program support activities as needed.
OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION
This position serves as the administrative coordinator for the organization. They will be critical in ensuring that the organization is a healthy and sound nonprofit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Executive Director and Leadership Team in administrative duties for executive management. Responsibilities may include scheduling meetings, managing calendars, making travel, meeting and event arrangements.
- Financial duties:
- Budget management & reporting
- Payments processing, payroll, generating monthly financial reports, and other day to day financial activities
- Coordinating with staff to generate expense reports, collection of invoices and receipts, reimbursement reports, etc.
- Managing annual grant calendar and coordinating with grant writer contractor(s) and Leadership Team to establish funding priorities and maintain a pipeline of grant requests.
- Coordinating and managing the contract process for external contractors and consultants.
- Coordinating with administrative support services such as insurance providers, accountant and auditors, HR company, etc.
- Maintains office supply inventory; anticipates supply needs; places and fulfills purchase orders for supplies and verifies receipt of supplies.
HA PROGRAMS & NETWORK SUPPORT
Support the Director of Programs and Network Engagement in HA Network and activities.
- Supports the creation of templates and administrative tools for meeting administration.
- Serves as the primary contact for inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities and directs them to the proper staff to engage them.
- Assists with logistics and implementation of Community Team meetings and events as assigned by the Director of Programs and Network Engagement. This may include tasks such as:
- Prepares and distributes meeting reminders, agendas, and minutes.
- Coordinates meetings logistics and preparation (printing, reserving rooms, ordering meals, etc.)
- Ensures appropriate follow-up and communications on all open issues.
- Updates contacts records.
- Represent HA in various community meetings and activities relevant to the work of the organization.