- Adhere to the guidelines of the Safe Harbor Employee Handbook and the Resale shop procedures.
- Ensure that the store is clean, safe, and presentable for customers throughout your shift.
- Greet and assist customers when you’re working the cash register or when other sales associates are unavailable.
- Clean, price, and appropriately display merchandise in accordance with thrift
- Assist Manager in creating and implementing shop events, shop displays, and shop projects.
- Must be prompt, dependable and able to execute task independently.
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door.
- Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store.
- Participate in store special events.
- Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and with those living in poverty preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture.
- Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public.