OVERARCHING GOALS OF THE HEALTH TEAM:
- Increase awareness of resources and access to the healthcare system for the Hispanic community.
- Increase cultural competency among healthcare providers.
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
- Communities in Schools
- Greenville Free Clinic
- Greenville Health System
- LiveWell Greenville
- New Horizon Family
- Northills Medical Center
- Parent and Child Connection
- Spartanburg Regional
- USC School of Medicine Greenville
- Over 1,115 individuals were connected to health services through health fairs.
- The Volunteer Health Interpretation at Project at the Greenville Free Medical Clinic has served 130 people in 6 months.
Want to join the Education Team? Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch!
ABOUT OUR CHAIR
Program Coordinator for PASOs
Paola Gutierrez is a Greenville native born to parents from Medellín, Colombia. She attended USC Spartanburg and graduated as a French Literature major and German Studies minor. She later continued her education for graduate studies in Healthcare Administration. After her graduate studies, Paola moved to Seville, Spain, where she became certified to teach English as a foreign language. In June of 2011, she returned to Greenville, SC, to work as a Counselor at Safe Harbor. Currently Paola is Program Coordinator at PASOs, through the Greenville Health System, and she has been there since 2013. PASOs is a community-based organization founded in 2005 to help the Latino community and service providers work together for strong and healthy families.