To be considered for this position, please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
Salary Level 6
Hiring Range – $49,220/annually to $62,060/annually
Position Summary (Primary Function)
Provides daily technical support and preventative maintenance for client workstations,
networked and specialized printers, analog and VOIP phones, digital information displays,
mobile devices, uninterruptible power supplies, and all other airport information technology
equipment. Delivers tier 1 and 2 support for airport provided systems utilized by airport district
employees, airline agents, and airport tenants.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
General responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Maintain adequate paper stock for use by airline shared use systems.
• Ensure that all public facing information displays (FIDS, GIDS, BIDS) are fully functional.
• Document equipment inventory details including equipment type, physical location, and
• Create, schedule, and coordinate client workstation replacement based on system
• Maintain client workstation security and stability by ensuring relevant operating system
and firmware patches are installed recurrently.
• Provide support and maintenance for office printers while closely monitoring toner
supply and paper stock. Provide support, maintenance, and paper stock management
for specialized printers including bag-tag, boarding pass, and kiosk printers.
• Manage, repair, and document category 6 and fiber optic cabling connections in a data
center style environment.
• Troubleshoot issues with the analog and VOIP phone systems when necessary.
• Troubleshoot wired LAN and wireless LAN client connectivity issues.
• Support user functions in a predominantly Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
• Answer and provide guidance on support related phone calls placed by district
employees, airline staff, and airport tenants.
• Collaborate closely with department team members on multiple projects.
• Maintain current knowledge of advancing technologies with emphasis on use cases
within the airport environment.
• Participate in an afterhours on call rotation and afterhours equipment maintenance
projects as deemed necessary by business needs.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the
discretion of supervisors, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• High School Diploma and four years of relevant experience, (OR)
• An Associates or higher degree from an accredited college or university in computer
technology/information systems along with two years of relevant experience.
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
• Microsoft MCSA, MCSE
• Cisco CCNA
• Two to four years of progressive experience as a technical support specialist or system
support specialist. Technical certifications may substitute for education or experience at
the discretion of management.
• Strong skillset in Microsoft Windows administration and support is preferred.
• Exceptional knowledge of hardware, software, and networking technologies associated
with a Microsoft Windows environment including, but not limited to:
o Microsoft Active Directory in a Windows Server 2016 (or higher) environment
o Microsoft Office 365 Administration
o Microsoft SQL Server Management
o Printer and File Sharing Permissions
o Basic audio, video, and multimedia applications and technologies
o DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, FTP and other related services and protocols
• Understanding of LAN and WAN technologies, as well as server backup and maintenance
• Experience managing physical data network cabling, such as Twisted Pair, Single and
• Experience with hardware configuration and repair of desktops and laptops, server
maintenance and troubleshooting, upgrading hardware components, and network
• Ability to independently analyze and solve routine computer related problems. Ability to
read a variety of informational documentation including directions, instructions, methods
and procedures, technical manuals, software manuals, wiring diagrams, blueprints,
product documentation and related materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• This position requires skills in analytics, reporting, task prioritization, organization, verbal
communication, and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Must work well in a team environment and with limited instruction or supervision.
• Ability to write reports, speak before others with poise, voice control and confidence.
• Must be willing and able to learn and understand complex principles and techniques; to
make independent judgments in absence of supervision; and to acquire knowledge of
topics related to primary occupation.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, to perform work with a positive
attitude and in a professional manner at all times.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Physical Demands – At times, exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy
environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as
lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
• Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
• Work schedules may include rotating shifts, night shifts, hours of work and days off may
be changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor. The Airport operates on a
24 x 7 x 365 basis.
• Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screening as
required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities.
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.