Summary: The cashier/floater should be able to multitask while performing daily operations of the resale store with confidence and enthusiasm. Good communication with the manager, employees, and customers is imperative. Confidentiality is required as it relates to sensitive information, Safe Harbor Clients and donors. This is a part time, hourly, non-exempt position.
Reports To: Store Manager
- Adhere to the guidelines of the Safe Harbor Employee Handbook and the Resale shop procedures.
- Ensure that the store is clean, safe, and presentable for customers throughout your shift.
- Greet and assist customers when you’re working the cash register or when other sales associates are unavailable.
- Clean, price, and appropriately display merchandise in accordance with thrift
- Assist Manager in creating and implementing shop events, shop displays, and shop projects.
- Must be prompt, dependable and able to execute task independently.
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door.
- Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store.
- Participate in store special events.
- Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and with those living in poverty preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture.
- Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public.