To be considered for this position, please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
Salary Level 3
Hiring Range – $18.00/hr. – $22.26/hr.
Position Summary (Primary Function)
The Ramp Agent II – Cargo performs ramp, warehouse, administrative and customer service functions related to aircraft operations serviced by the Commercial Aviation Services Division (CASD). The Position also performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the Shift Lead and/or their supervisor.
• Interacts with customers, flight crew, District team members and other operational contacts in a courteous, professional manner.
• Performs aircraft ramp functions.
• Marshals’ aircraft during arrival and departure.
• Places chocks and cones after arrival of aircraft and removes prior to departure.
• Operates equipment (GSE) in support of aircraft operations including but not limited to:
o Tow tractor and towable GSE
o Pushback tractors
o Stair truck / portable stairs
o Belt loader
o Cargo loader
o Cargo transporter
o De-ice truck
o Ground power unit, air start unit and HVAC cart
o Lavatory cart
o Potable water cart
• Performs equipment checks and reports discrepancies.
• Loads/unloads loose cargo, Unit Load Devices (ULDs), and baggage.
• Cleans and services aircraft interior, galleys, and lavatories per applicable regulations.
• Stocks aircraft with needed supplies.
• Screens cargo, catering, and passengers (including alternate methods).
• Maintains safety and security of the ramp at all times.
• Escorts persons & vehicles as per operational needs.
• Performs air cargo warehouse functions.
• Assumes ACMR duties as assigned.
• Accepts cargo per regulatory standards.
• Loads/unloads trucks.
• Manually processes freight paperwork.
• “Builds”/” breaks” palletized loads.
• Weighs, dims, and checks contours of ULDs and loose cargo.
• Performs office/administrative functions.
• Responds to customer phone calls and emails.
• Electronically processes freight paperwork via cargo management software.
• Executes customer invoices via billing and POS software.
• Services passengers associated with CASD flight operations.
• Verifies approved documentation for domestic and international flights.
• Checks passengers in for flights.
• Processes and tags baggage for screening and loading onto aircraft.
• Makes boarding announcements via terminal PA system.
• Operates Passenger boarding bridge.
• Boards/deboards passengers for departure/arrival.
• Provides wheelchair assistance as needed.
• Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by their Shift Lead and/or their supervisor.
• High School Diploma, GED or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Experience in the airline, logistics, and warehousing industries preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to secure and maintain GSP airfield driver privileges.
Certification Requirements (Must have or be willing and able to obtain)
• IATA DG Category 6 certification
• US Customs access authorization
• ACISP cargo acceptance and ACMR certification
• IATA special cargo handling certifications as required (e.g. AVI, PER, VAL, VUM, HUM)
• Any other appropriate certifications required by a carrier, CBP, FAA, TSA and/or other regulatory agency
• Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation, drug screening, and physical examination as per Federal, State, and GSP Airport District requirements.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• The ability to safely and efficiently operate powered industrial equipment.
• The ability to use a personal computer, with skills in Microsoft Windows, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must work well independently and as a team member as per operational requirements.
• Must exhibit leadership skills.
• Must perform Ramp Lead – Cargo responsibilities in their absence.
• Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
• Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
• Responsible for own work but must coordinate work with others.
• Physical Demand – Use of personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing 70 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
• Mental and/or Visual Demand – Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
• Exposed to normal office, warehouse, and aviation environments.
• This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
• Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.