The South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) serves as the Project- Based Section 8 Contract Administrator on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under a Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract. SC Housing contracts with over 250 properties to provide rental assistance subsidy to over 17,000 extremely-low and very-low income families throughout the State of South Carolina. SC Housing’s responsibilities include ensuring that owners and their properties comply with the terms of a Housing Assistance Payments Contract and associated HUD regulatory guidance.
This position provides the opportunity to learn about and/or apply an extensive knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements associated with the administration of HUDs Project-Based Rental Assistance program and the associated compliance requirements. There will also be opportunities to learn other duties and responsibilities associated with SC Housing’s contractual responsibilities under the Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract.
Essential duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and conducts on-site Management and Occupancy Reviews of properties in SC Housing’s Project-Based Rental assistance portfolio to ensure owners/agents comply with applicable HUD regulations and policy guidance.
- Performs and/or follows-up on physical inspections to determine that owners/agents have remediated exigent health and safety issues.
- Enters required review data into HUD and other applicable database software.
- Completes, finalizes and provides associated MOR results to property owners/agents for appropriate action.
- Conducts follow-up activities to ensure all identified deficiencies are corrected properly and within established timelines.
- Assists with regulatory research and development of review procedures to ensure an effective and efficient review program.
- Works with program management to develop or revise processes to resolve concerns identified during Quality Control reviews or external audits.
- Develops and provides training and technical assistance to staff, owners/agents and other industry partners related to all aspects of the Management and Occupancy Review requirements and processes.
- Assists in addressing and resolving tenant issues/complaints.
Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and process time sensitive materials in a fast-paced environment. Must interpret laws, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to regulatory requirements and contractual obligations. Can exercise judgment and discretion to make sound decisions supported by facts. Possess strong technical skills, with proficiency in all Microsoft Office products. Ability to perform complex tasks in Microsoft Access and Excel, such as report design/generation, spreadsheet design/layout and calculations/formulas, and experience accurately keying data into existing databases. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff, coworkers, external partners, and customers with a wide range of program related experience. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to write letters and other business-related correspondence that are professional in appearance and content. Maintain organized, accurate, and updated files. Present training and provide technical assistance to owners/agents through oral presentations conducted at workshops and implementation meetings.
Must be able to lift and carry files, books and reports weighing up to 20lbs. Must be able to perform filing, desk work and operate general office equipment. Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged or intermittent periods of time while sharing, gathering or presenting information to other staff members or external parties. Employee must be able to perform these tasks with or without reasonable accommodations. SC Housing is committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age (40+) or disability, sex (Including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity).