SUMMARY: As the donation assistant, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service through positive and effective communication with customers, donors, and clients. As well as being efficient in the operation of the Resale Shop donation area and the Resale Shop Team.
This position works closely with the Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate and the Resale Shop Manager to provide support with the donation area, community donation pick-ups, deliveries, and assisting client move outs. This position will assist with donation intake, sorting and resale. Must work well with a team and utilize customer service skills. This is a full time, salaried position eligible for full benefits.
Reports To: Furniture Pick Up and Delivery Associate
• Follow the guidelines of Employee Handbook of Safe Harbor, the procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop, and operations of the box truck
• Ensure that the processing area of the donation center, Warehouse, and box truck are clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
• Greet and assist customers/donors/clients when providing assistance
• Assist the Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate in all duties assigned, Warehouse Furniture employees, and Resale Shop in Donations
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door, and in the community
• Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the day
• Participate in Resale Shop special events when needed.
• Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles, as assigned
• Experience working in customer service.
• Confidentiality in issues discussed in meetings, with clients, etc. is expected
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current/valid Driver’s License
• Skilled in driving a box truck
• Must have a positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Possess ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries in working with coworkers, clients, volunteers, and donors
• Ability to communicate well with management, co-workers and community partners
• Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, service and efficiency
The physical demands described here are representative by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Practice correct lifting and maneuvering technique for large pieces of furniture
• Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public
• Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements
• Lifting to 50 lbs. unaided is required
• Must be able to lift, and carry donation items weighing up to 75 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to sustain a full shift (4 to 8 hours depending on scheduled hours) of standing, walking, lifting, and bending
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, reach, bend, stoop and stretch