SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and reporting financial information, filing grant reimbursements, and preparing the agency budgets. This is a full time salaried, exempt position eligible for full benefits.
REPORTS TO: CEO
Direct Reports: Business Manager
- Process monthly grant reimbursement reports – VOCA, VAWA, DSS, Emergency Solutions Grant, Transitional Housing and Rapid Rehousing grants, which includes pulling financial and payroll information, completing reimbursement requests and recording income based on expense breakdowns. Also includes various COVID19 awards. Submits requests via different grant platforms.
- Analyze restricted funds, advising responsible parties of available funds, unrestrict funds as spent, coordinate with Business Manager on unrestriction of payroll funds.
- Reviews and approves operational invoices/bills.
- Prepare prepaid/accrued expenses analysis, determine monthly expense to be booked.
- Review aged payables/receivables, resolve outstanding items.
- Review monthly income and expenses for classification accuracy.
- Reconcile all bank statements.
- Reconciles Accounting deposits to Fund Development donations.
- Schedule and conduct the monthly Financial Review meeting with management, prepare the following: Monthly P&L, Forecasted P&L, Variance to Budget explanations, Operating Funds Available Graph, other operational reports as needed.
- Prepare financial reports for Safe Harbor operational staff, Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Reviews bi-weekly payroll, approves wire transfer, back-up payroll processor.
- Review payroll system calculations for accuracy
- Verify year-end payroll accrual rollovers, adjust floating holiday accrual as needed.
- Assist with payroll system issues, address employee payroll concerns.
- Monitor individual grant spending for grant revisions/spending reminders.
- Reviews Capital Budget priorities/cost with Director of Operations, Grants Director, and CEO. Maintains current list of projects.
- Review Board Restricted operating reserve for adequacy
- Review Fixed Assets for appropriate classifications.
- Maintains current VSP numbers and updates educational credit status for grant purposes.
- Oversee all financial grant audits, act as financial liaison.
- Reconciles benefit statements to payroll deductions to verify accuracy
- Attend Finance Committee meeting as needed.
Annually or As Needed
- Prepare Safe Harbor agency budget by program, schedule review meetings, provide commentary on financial plan.
- Collaborate with Grants Manager on budgets for Federal/State/United Way grants, which includes preparing budgeted financial information, preparing estimated expenses versus budget for revised projections, and preparing actual versus budget financial information for final reporting; also, provide commentary on financial items.
- Coordinate annual outside audit – prepare work papers, manage site visit, answer follow-up questions, review Form 990 and audit results.
- Oversee preparation of annual 1099 and 1099C forms.
- Reviews annual property tax/worker’s compensation insurance with broker and Administrative Coordinator. Provide salary updates as needed.
- Reviews annual employee insurance (medical, dental, vision, STD) with broker and HR Director and Administrative Coordinator
- Makes Leave adjustments in the payroll system for annual awards.
- Assist with Safe Harbor fundraisers, as needed.
- Works with Development team to ensure appropriate event tax deduction receipts are distributed as needed.
- Provide guidance to Business Manager on financial job duties and collaborates to streamline financial processes.
- Prepare/Assist/Coordinate any financial reporting needed by the Leadership Team or Board of Directors
- Develop/Implement Fraud Prevention measures.
- Prepares/Updates Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for miscellaneous financial projects
- Supervises the Business Manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and minimum of 8 years’ experience in accounting or finance. Non-profit experience preferred.
Highly qualified and motivated candidates, please apply by completing an online application. Click here to apply.