Summary: This employee provides direct services for victims of domestic violence and their children. This includes operation and control of electronic security and fire alarm system, the securing of all gates and entrances both inside and outside the shelter, ensuring that only authorized persons are granted admission to the building by personally answering the door (residents are not allowed to answer the door), and appropriately responding to concerns of residents by following approved agency procedure. This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position eligible for full benefits.
Reports To: Client Support Specialist Manager
- Receives and processes crisis intake calls from victims and accepts clients into shelter.
- Facilitates new clients through intake procedures, explains procedures of household, prepares necessary documentation and photographs for client records.
- Ensures that the basic needs (food, clothing, medical assistance, etc.) of all clients of the shelter are met.
- Maintains “Daily Log” for all incidents relating to clients.
- Accurately enter data into a computer system in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of working with traumatized clients and trauma-based behaviors.
- Responsible for writing timely incident reports for any incident or emergency.
- Assists in maintaining a clean shelter, aids with meal preparations, and other household contributions.
- Completes inventories and various other paperwork as assigned.
- Assist in planning and executing client events; as well as other shelter projects
- Assist with coverage in various shelter locations
- Attends meetings and trainings as required
- Demonstrate empathy, communication, active listening, and de-escalation skills while maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while applying established policies and procedures, using compassionate accountability.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Enthusiastically supports and models the mission and vision of Safe Harbor to peers, clients, and the community.
- Performs other or similar agency duties as assigned by House Management and Facility supervisors and/or other agency management personnel. May be asked to work at other Safe Harbor shelter locations as needed.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be physically capable to lift up to 50 lbs., navigate stairs and perform all tasks related to this position. Maturity, flexibility, and interpersonal skills necessary to work in a crisis oriented, stressful environment is essential.
Highly qualified and motivated candidates may apply by clicking here