Pharmacy and Language Services Associate
Position with: Anderson Free Clinic
Part time – 18-24 hours a week (Tuesday-Friday), with limited benefits
Reports to Pharmacy Services Coordinator
Supervisory responsibilities are to supervise the work of volunteers assigned to area
Summary: This position exists to support routine operation of Anderson Free Clinic Pharmacy, in particular as it relates to activities at the pharmacy window and pharmaceutical companies Prescription Assistance Programs.
The person in this position also is the point of contact to Spanish speaking patients, help them communicate with doctors, nurses, pharmacist and other staff, besides translating during their medical visits and checkout, thus requiring fluency in both English and Spanish. Comprehension of Medical Terminology will be required no later than 30 days on the job and proficiency in accurately describing the human body and associated components, and conditions, will be tested.
- Serve as the point of contact to Spanish speaking patients
- Translate during medical visits and patient checkout for Spanish speaking patients with limited English comprehension
- Set Appointments for Spanish speaking patients with limited English proficiency
- Direct requests from patients with limited English proficiency to other departments
- Interacts with other Spanish speaking staff and volunteers for coordination of Language services
- Support the work of Pharmacy Services Coordinator of the following:
- QS1 use (Pharmacy software update and maintenance) entering and transferring patient information and checking new prescriptions
- Training, supervising and supporting the work of pharmacy window volunteers during operational hours
- Answering patient and volunteer questions
- Resolving issues that may arise, such as missing prescriptions, patient recertification information, technical issues, etc.
- Working with other pharmacy staff to support daily operations
- Providing information to patients and volunteers regarding pharmacy changes and updates
- Retrieving/responding to pharmacy messages
- Manage Cash register operations including opening/closing with cash register reconciliation
- Managing Patients IOU account and Payment plans
- Checking labels and prescriptions
- Assist patients with signing for medications Patient Assistance Program when necessary, in the absence of the Pharmacy Coordinator Patient Assistance Program
- Support prescription filling when needed
Education and Experience Requirements: High School degree coupled with clinical or social services experience or experience that demonstrate ability to transfer skills in planning, multi-tasking, prioritizing, organizing, & coordinating patient relations; Fluency translating from English to Spanish and vice versa, planning, organizing and coordinating services.
Skills Requirements: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Listening skills. Telephone Skills, Customer Service to handle multiple and diverse situations, Time Management, Excellent Organization, Attention to Detail, typing on computer to enter patient information and date on spreadsheet, Professionalism, Quality Focus, Discretion to maintain confidentiality of records and information; Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Pharmacy software – QS1
Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Pharmacy software – QS1 will be required the first week on the job.