Inbound Sales Representative – Charter Communications
Position with: Charter Communications
Job Code: J300
Job Title: Inbound Sales Rep
Maximize sales opportunities by effectively answering and handling inbound sales calls in an effort to acquire new customers, and solicit existing customers by selling them additional products and services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, professionalism and courtesy during all sales transactions.
- Consistently meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales activity goals by utilizing sound telephone based selling techniques.
- Respond to inbound sales calls promptly and efficiently, as outlined by the required call handling metrics, to include productive time, schedule adherence, handle time, after call work, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently sell products and services to prospective customers and maximize additional revenue from existing customers by selling incremental products and services through use of recommended sales techniques. Identify and maximize up-selling and cross selling sales opportunities.
- Ability to learn and master order processing billing system regarding all aspects of new sales order entry, order inquiries, and other tools and functions as they relate to the inbound sales function.
- Have a full understanding of and consistently demonstrate proficiency at explaining all products and services to existing and prospective customers.
- Acquire and demonstrate thorough knowledge of competitors’ pricing, packaging and products in an effort to discuss side by side comparisons of Charter’s and competitors’ products and services.
- Promote and communicate current marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Work with other departments, as necessary, to resolve customer issues.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- -Office environment.
- -Variable hours; may include weekends, holidays, and split days off.
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
-Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straight forward and professional manner.
-Ability to apply appropriate sales techniques and demonstrate sustained achievement of stated sales goals.
-Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet) and voice (telephone).
-Strong computer and consumer electronics skills.
-Ability to use personal computer and appropriate software applications to include billing system and other role-related tools.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Excellent organizational skills.
-Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
-Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties.
-Ability to perform job at workstation for prolonged periods of time.
-High school diploma or equivalent.
Related Work Experience
-Minimum 2 years call center sales experience.