Field Engineer II
Position with: Donley's Concrete
A Field Engineer Level II is capable of lead on simple projects with guidance from a Field Engineer Level IV or Regional Surveyor.
- Project safety implementation and management in accordance with Donley’s Safety Program.
- Safety Audit Process - walk the jobsite and discuss with field personnel what we can be doing to make the jobsites safer.
- Manage and enforce Donley’s Safety Program and rules, this includes your workers, other crews, and any trade on site. Be willing to discipline noncompliance. Ensure that STA’s are being done correctly.
- Maintain OSHA 30 by taking training classes every (4) years at a minimum.
- Attend and/or Lead 2 safety training sessions per month (tool box talk, STA, Friday morning session, etc.) Interact with co-workers and get their feedback as to how we can improve safety on the project.
- Attend or lead 6:30 Foremen’s Meetings when on site and make sure safety is discussed.
- Responsible for maintenance of company surveying equipment. This includes neat and orderly job boxes, storing equipment in appropriate boxes, tagging of equipment and policing abuse of company surveying equipment.
- Enter daily field time as assigned.
- Review contract drawings for dimensional discrepancies and submit RFI accordingly.
- Review shop drawings for location, size, and elevations.
- Review RFI’s & ASI’s for dimensional changes to the project.
- Maintain line and grade on project.
- Maintain sufficient control points on site to layout all elements of the project.
- Maintain as-built log of concrete elements specific to site requirements.
- Maintain field notes.
- Perform As-built of supported level slabs for deflection.
- Layout and As-built of drilled foundations.
- Align all exterior walls, exterior columns and elevator shafts.
- Plumb interior walls and columns.
- Place camber in beams of parking garages.
- Perform CMT requirements of project.
- Topo level slabs for record.
--2 or more semesters of colleges courses in surveying, civil engineering, or a related field.
--1 or more semesters of co-op or internship experience in commercial construction.
Knowledge & Experience
--2+ years of experience as a field engineer.
--Knowledge of construction surveying and topographic surveys.
--Experience working with Auto Levels, Laser Levels, Total Stations and Robotic Total Stations.
--Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
--Able to write reports, business correspondence.
--Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
--Computer skills: Familiar with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Word.