Assistant Community Manager
Position with: Spartanburg Housing Authority
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing assistance with the day-to-day operations and performance of the Housing Authority's asset management properties (AMPs); assistance with performing all phases of real estate management; and providing support for developing and implementing special programs and projects for the Housing Authority
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete administrative tasks associated with community operations, including accounting and financial reporting, processing invoices, making bank deposits, reconciling resident accounts, and performing other clerical tasks assigned.
- Collect rent, utility payments, and fees to reduce delinquency and bad debt write-offs. Prepare legal action for eviction when necessary.
- Assist with addressing resident complaints, disturbances and violations and take appropriate action to resolve issues. Enforce the terms of the rental agreement and community rules and regulations. Prepare and deliver notices when necessary.
- Conduct routine inspections of the property to ensure a quality presentation of the community and identify potential safety hazards. Implement corrective measures as necessary. Conduct move-in and move-out inspections.
- Oversee the application process by screening applicants and processing background reports. Prepare lease agreements and coordinate move-ins.
- Plan and promote resident retention activities.
- Assist with leasing activities to ensure the property maintains high occupancy.
- Meet and greet prospective residents. Tour the community and the model apartment homes with prospective residents and explain occupancy terms.
- Ensure that all resident files are maintained according to policies. Accurately enter all activity in agency’s computer software program.
- Monitor property curb appeal, office and model appearance and signage.
- Acts as the contact in the absence of the community manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma, general education degree or international equivalent required. College degree preferred.
2. Two (2) or more years of increasingly responsible experience in rental housing property management with a broad-based diversity of residents including low-income, disabled and or five (5) years equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Certification as public housing manager required within one (1) year of hire and incumbent must maintain certification for duration of employment in this classification; certification in public housing eligibility and rent calculation from a HUD approved certification agency within one year of hire or promotion.
4. Property management software (YARDI) experience preferred.
5. Excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to speak, read, and write clearly. Second language preferred.
6. Principles of record keeping and records management. Principles of property management, leasing, and collections.
7. Problems, needs, and attitudes of the physically, socially, and economically disadvantaged.
8. Operates modern office equipment including Microsoft office and other specified software applications.
9. Responds to requests and inquiries from the general public.
10. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
11. Exercise good judgment in the performance of job duties.
12. Establish, maintains, and fosters positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.