Position with: Julie Valentine Center
The Adult Therapist is responsible for providing evidenced based, therapeutic treatment to adolescent and adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and/or sexual assault to include individual, group therapy, and crisis interventions.
The following is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. This list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed. Incumbents may be required to perform other job- related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
• Provide individual, group counseling, and crisis interventions to adolescent and adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault as needed.
• Responsible for appropriate documentation to include case notes, outcome measurements, correspondence, internal reports, grant reports, and general maintenance of records.
• Maintain all contacts using Apricot Database.
• Work alongside team/victim advocates to provide appropriate case management for clients.
• Assist with Center intern program by providing opportunities for interns to observe and/or assist in programming and/or documentation of outcomes.
• Participate in agency staff meetings, fund raisers and other activities as assigned.
• Maintain Victim Service Provider Credential by completing annual training requirements.
• Enhance professional growth and development through activities such as professional affiliations, conferences, workshops, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or requested.
--Minimum Education: License and master’s degree in counseling, social work or related field
--Minimum Experience: 3 years preferred
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Experience: Masters degree in counseling, or related field, and licensed in the state of South Carolina; preferred three years post master’s experience in working with survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse or other trauma related field; must have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal relationship skills; preferred bi-lingual in Spanish.
Preferred: Training in EMDR, TFCBT, and/or other trauma-focused techniques.