139306 Instructor: Emergency Medical Technology
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the EMT/Paramedic department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Instruction of the EMS-related courses, course development, accreditation support, assessment, and other duties as assigned by the Academic Program Director.
- -Provide classroom and/or laboratory supervision and evaluates student's practical abilities to perform various prehospital procedures.
- -Demonstrates safe practice, professional behavior, and sound judgment.
- -Assist with didactic classroom instruction.
- -Reports and provides student performance evaluations to the Academic Program Director.
- -Maintains student confidentiality and established college policies.
- -Provides students with course syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely manner. Relates instructional material, discussions, and other course activities to course objectives. Demonstrates effective interaction skills. Uses practical examples and illustrations. Paces the instruction over the semester. Provides students with timely tests. Returns test results in a timely manner. Relates tests to course objectives.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
-Registered as a Paramedic with SC & NREMT (if out of state, must obtain SC certification within 6 months of hire).
-3 years of full-time field experience as a Paramedic.
-Current certification in BCLS.
*Must hold or obtain SC DHEC Certified Paramedic Instructor credential within 12 months of hire.
-Bachelors degree (awarded by an academic institution accredited by an institutional accrediting agency recognized by USDE) or higher.
-Previous teaching &/or precepting experience.
-Current certification in PALS or equivalent, ACLS, or PHTLS or equivalent, as a SC EMT-Instructor.
-Certification as BLS/ACLS, PHTLS, PALS instructor.