139196 Trades Specialist IV
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the Facility Resources Department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Perform routine maintenance activities assigned by work order and/or in assigned zone. Change burned out lights, replace fixtures, repair damaged walls, repair/replace exit signs, minor plumbing, fix leaking faucets and toilets, unclog drains. Install/remove smart boards, whiteboards, etc.
- -Assist with HVAC systems maintenance as directed or requested by department colleagues. Adjust temperatures in classrooms as needed. Perform PM activities on HVAC units, change air filters, grease motors, replace belts, etc.
- -Assist with campus renovations as needed; erect/demo walls; remove/install doors, door assemblies, and hardware; install/demo lighting; install/demo ceiling tiles.
- -Participate in training to upgrade personal skills, required OSHA training classes, and other training required by the college or state. Read e-mail, notices, and memorandums daily and periodically review GTC4Me to read and stay informed of college policies and procedures.
- -Participate in on-call rotation to respond to maintenance repair needs and campus emergencies after regular business hours.
- -Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Maintenance Director, or Facilities Manager.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
-Associate's degree + 2 yrs directly related work experience; or HS diploma + 4 yrs directly related work experience.
*Must be able to bend squat, reach, grasp, and lift objects.
*Must be able to climb and work from ladder, scaffolds, lifts, and roofs.
-10 years directly related experience.
-Experience troubleshooting electrical motor controls.
This is a multi-skilled maintenance position. This position requires an individual with general knowledge in all areas of the maintenance trades. This position performs maintenance activities on all properties owned and leased by the college and complies with all safety regulations of the college and the state. This position will periodically work in collaboration with personnel in the departments of Grounds, Custodial Services, Logistics, and Campus Police. This position serves to maintain the physical facilities of the college in operational condition.