125742 Administrative Specialist II
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will provide advanced administrative assistance to the department head and faculty of the Early Childhood Development Program (ECD) and to the Director of the Child Development Center (CDC) in various secretarial, paraprofessional, and administrative tasks. In addition, you will provide technical assistance for purchase of needed supplies/materials, administrative tasks for academic departments, monitoring and collecting CDC tuition fees, ABC Vouchers and other tuition assistant programs, processing paperwork for CACFP food program and interacting with the public.
Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Carry out general office procedures, prioritize workloads, and purchase office, classroom and CDC supplies.
- -Maintain CDC tuition bookkeeping functions based on CDC financial policies, including monitoring tuition payments, reconciling accounts, ensuring that payments are credited, communication with parents with past due accounts and ensuring that CDC administration is aware of all past due accounts.
- -Maintain both personnel and CDC children enrollment files as required by licensing and accreditation agencies.
- -Prepare and submit, in a timely manner, of all monthly and yearly reports required by various state/federal agencies, including the ABC Voucher Program, CACFP, NAEYC and SC DSS.
- -Maintain and manage waitlists for the CDC.
- -Act as the liaison between CDC parent and agencies that provide childcare tuition assistance and help prepare documents as needed.
- -Provide information about the Center and ECD department to the public, prospective parents and prospective students.
- -Provide support to the Early Care and Education program and faculty including:
- -assisting in processing textbook orders
- -processing employment paperwork for adjunct faculty including position descriptions, pay acknowledgments, and dual employment paperwork
- -assisting with syllabi production
- -processing travel requests including travel authorizations, vehicle reservations, travel arrangements, and reimbursements
- -coordinating Advisory Committee functions including meeting scheduling, meal coordination, agenda preparation, transcribing meeting minutes, maintaining membership roster, following protocol for addition of new members
- -providing secretarial support to the ECD faculty
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
-Associate degree or HS diploma + 2 yrs related work experience.
-Excellent secretarial skills and capability use common software for word processing, spreadsheet, and database functions.
-Be familiar with developmentally appropriate practices, understand laws, regulations, and policies governing or relevant to the operation of early childhood facilities.
-Have knowledge of NAEYC accreditation standards for early childhood programs and South Carolina Department of Social Services childcare regulations.
-Communicate effectively with children, parents, Early Childhood Education students, faculty, and Childhood Development Center staff.