118365 Instructor: Philosophy
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the Humanities Department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Teach a variety of Philosophy courses, including Intro, Logic, and Ethics.
- -Prepare lectures, syllabi, tests, and other course-related materials.
- -Grade papers and submit students' grades in a timely manner (within one week generally).
- -Advise students on academic progress in the course.
- -Maintain course-related records.
- -Attend departmental meetings and/or other functions, as requested/required.
- -Attend professional development workshops, as requested/required.
- -Complete other necessary paperwork, as requested/required.
- -Perform other duties, as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
Master's degree in Philosophy; or a Master's degree with at least 18 graduate-level semester hours in Philosophy.
-Master's degree in Philosophy.
-Experience teaching Philosophy in a community/technical college environment.
-Experience teaching Philosophy in an online format.
-Ability to work with colleagues and students.
-Ability to convey subject matter in a way that students can understand.
-Ability to adapt to students' needs, to different teaching situations, and be able to motivate students.
-Ability to work in teams as well as independently.