101363 Benefits Counselor II
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the Human Resources department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Administer and coordinate a comprehensive benefits program for the faculty and staff of Greenville Technical College at its multi-campus operation.
- -Counsel and assist employees regarding state-sponsored and voluntary benefits programs including the Employee Assistance Program and tuition assistance.
- -Develop and coordinate Employee Health Fair, Worksite Screenings, Pre-Retirement Seminars, and Open Enrollment presentations. Assist in creating and implementing health and wellness programs in collaboration with other college resources.
- -Conduct exit interviews.
- -Coordinate leave function including FMLA, sick, vacation, and Workers' Comp.
- -Reconcile all insurance accounts and rosters from the Employee Insurance Program monthly statements with Payroll/Human Resources records.
- -Perform ACA tracking and reporting.
- -Enter new hire benefits information and process all employee insurance data per changes.
- -Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
Bachelor's degree + 2 yrs professional experience in employee benefits administration.
A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment; knowledge and experience in medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, and FMLA; experience with employee safety, OSHA, and workers' compensation a plus. Also prefer a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to make presentations in a group setting.