085838 Administrative Specialist II
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the Healthcare Department for the Economic Development and Corporate Training Division at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Responsible for logistics of classroom scheduling and equipment setup for instructors. Purchases supplies using state provided P-Card. Stores confidential background check reports of healthcare students. Maintains inventories and materials based on program needs. Maintains and closes out course files to meet state auditing standards. Prints and mails out certificates. Assists adjunct instructors in course preparation, as needed.
- -Acts as first point of contact for walk-in and online students. Responsible for providing information about classes, answering potential and current student questions about assigned classes. Provides direction to appropriate resources or staff and assists in scheduling appointments. Communicates information to other areas in the division (registration, etc.) about programs.
- -Handles class cancellation notifications, refunds, and billing processes for public and contract classes. Assists in gathering required information needed for grants and scholarships. Serves on internal committees that impact processes. Assists with setup and planning for advisory board meetings.
- -Maintains files for budgetary, record retention, and auditing purposes. Assists in the tracking of expenses, revenues, advertising, and course reports for department. Adds, cancels, and revises courses in the Student Manager System for student registration.
- -Works alongside other divisional administrative support specialists to provide coverage as needed.
- -Other duties as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
-Associate degree; or high school diploma + 2 yrs related work experience.
-5+ years of extensive administrative support experience
-Experience working with students
-Experience working in healthcare
-Exceptional customer service
-Strong ability to work under pressure
-Strong clerical skills including intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Suite