019799 Instructor: Nursing (Med/Surg)
Position with: Greenville Technical College
In this challenging role, you will support the Nursing Department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- -Assist students in the classroom, clinical areas, and campus labs to acquire knowledge, psychomotor skills, and affective skills necessary in preparation for taking the national licensure examinations and practicing as a beginning staff nurse.
- -Provide classroom/laboratory instruction/evaluation; clinical supervision; and evaluation/preparation in curriculum development/evaluation.
- -Participate in student recruitment, advising, and retention.
- -Maintain accurate records and submit reports in a timely manner.
- -Responsible for clinical site identification.
- -Participate in college/division/department committees and/or teams.
- -Maintain competence through continuous professional development.
- -Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
-Master's degree or higher in Nursing, licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in South Carolina or a compact state equivalent, and have been actively involved in providing direct nursing care and have management experience within the past 5 years.
-Responsible for own transportation necessary to meet job duties.
-Ability to teach, supervise, and evaluate nursing students in high acuity medical/surgical clinical and/or didactic settings.
-Ability to collaborate with other members of the teaching team.
-Previous experience teaching nursing in an associate degree and/or practical nursing program.