OVERARCHING GOAL OF THE EDUCATION TEAM:
- Increase high school graduation rate for Hispanic youth.
- Build collaborations with local institutions of higher education to increase Hispanic enrollment and graduation.
OBJECTIVES OF THE EARLY CHILDHOOD SUB-COMMITTEE:
The objectives of this community team are currently being developed. If you wish to be part of the process, please contact us.
- A Childs Haven
- GHS | Children’s Advocacy
- Greenville Literacy Association
- Greenville County First Steps
- Greenville Technical College
- Greenville County School District
- Preschool Special Education
In 2013 the Hispanic Alliance partnered with Public Education Partners to encourage reading during the summer. To achieve this goal, an outreach initiative to distribute books to underserved groups was launched in the summer of 2013. The Hispanic Alliance coordinated this learning summer initiative at San Sebastian to provide information on educational resources and Public Education Partners distributed an estimated 2000 books among 500 children.
Want to join the Early Childhood Education Sub-Committee? Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch!
ABOUT OUR CHAIR
This team is meeting soon and electing a team chair, if you wish to be part of the election process, please let us know!