OVERARCHING GOALS OF THE LEGAL TEAM:
- Increase awareness of legal rights and issues affecting the Hispanic community for service providers and key stakeholders.
- Educate the Hispanic Alliance Board and Membership about legal rights and issues affecting the Hispanic community.
- Catholic Charities
- Ibrahim & Rao, LLP
- Job Connection – Goodwill
- Leadership Conference
- Safe Harbor
- SC Legal Services
- South Carolina Immigrant Victim Network
- The Parenting Place
- Welmond Hammond Law Firm
- Helped over 400 youth apply for DACA through partnership with Catholic Charities, Greenville Tech and private attorneys.
- Partnered with The Leadership Conference in Washington, DC to increase knowledge about issues affecting Hispanics in SC and build collective capacity to advocate for underrepresented populations.
- Currently developing a multiethnic coalition.
ABOUT OUR CHAIR
Ibrahim & Rao, LLP
Jessica Wallace is an associate immigration attorney with the firm Ibrahim & Rao, LLP, where she serves as the attorney for the firm’s newly established office in Greenville, South Carolina. Jessica graduated cum laude from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law in May of 2012. Jessica completed her undergraduate studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, where she earned Bachelor’s degrees in Spanish and Political Science. During her undergraduate career, Ms. Wallace studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain, at the University of Salamanca.
Throughout law school, Jessica volunteered with Georgia Legal Services in Macon, Georgia, where she catered to the organization’s Spanish-speaking clients. After her second year of law school, Jessica was awarded a Public Interest Stipend, which allowed her to spend her summer volunteering with the Immigration Legal Department of the Latin American Association in Atlanta, Georgia. Upon graduation she received a Certificate of Achievement for her participation in the Law and Public Service Program for her exceptional commitment to public service throughout law school.
Jessica is fluent in the Spanish language and has worked with the immigrant community for over seven years. She completed both of her legal internships in immigration law and has considerable experience in family immigration and immigration court matters.
Want to join the Education Team? Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch!